The 31st International Association for Breast Cancer Research Conference will be held at the Hotel Zuiderduin in Egmond aan Zee. This four star hotel offers a great auditorium together with accommodations for the participants of the meeting.
1931 VL Egmond aan Zee
+31 72 750 2000
How to reach Hotel Zuiderduin
- Our suggestions to reach the venue of IABCR2019 by public transport:
- From Amsterdam Airport Schiphol: take the train “Sprinter” with destination Amsterdam Centraal until the station of Amsterdam Sloterdijk. There, take the train “Intercity” to Alkmaar. In Alkmaar, take the bus 165 (bus stop next to the station) to Egmond aan Zee.
- From Amsterdam Centraal: take the train “Intercity” to Alkmaar. In Alkmaar, take the bus 165 (bus stop next to the station) to Egmond aan Zee.
- If you decide to come by car, Hotel Zuiderduin provides parking space in the garage (based on availabilities) without additional charges. Please note that in the streets around the hotel parking is not free.
- On April 15th and 18th we offer you the possibility to take advantage of a special bus service:
- On April 15th at approximately 12:00 and 16:00 a bus will take the IABCR 2019 participants from Amsterdam Airport Schiphol to Egmond aan Zee
- On April 18th at approximately 15:00 a bus will take the IABCR 2019 participants from Egmond aan Zee to Amsterdam Airport Schiphol
The additional fee for this service is of 10€ for each way. Seats on the bus are limited: please, indicate on the registration form whether you want to use this service.
What to do
Located in the beautiful dune area of Egmond, the Hotel Zuiderduin is only 400 m from the beach, 13 km from Alkmaar and 45 km from Amsterdam.
The hotel offers a wide range of entertainments and facilities, such as: an indoor pool, saunas and steam baths, a squash court, the Lucky Strike Bowling, the Time Out Bar and a pub.
Discover Egmond aan Zee
Founded more than 1000 years ago on the North Sea coast, this fishing village has become a popular seaside resort thanks to its healthy sea air and beautiful sand beaches. Don’t miss the opportunity to enjoy its wide beach and to walk between its terraces and shops, with the Jan van Speijk Lighthouse dominating the coast. Just a few kilometers outside the village you can admire the endless and colorful flower fields; make a bike/car ride in the surroundings.
Famous all over the world for its traditional cheese market, Alkmaar also offers a wonderful old city center that, with its historic buildings and the 17th-century pattern of canals, for sure deserves a visit.
From Hotel Zuiderduin you can reach the surprising Alkmaar by bus in about 30 min!
Amsterdam, the capital of The Netherlands, represents one of the most popular destinations for travelers in Europe. Where does this come from? With its lovely canals, countless bridges and characteristic buildings, Amsterdam is full of charm and atmosphere. It gives the feeling of a cozy small village, but it combines this with the cosmopolitan vibes of a multicultural capital. The social and cultural diversity of Amsterdam, together with its worldwide famous museums and attractions, can seduce every tourist.
Reach Amsterdam from the Hotel Zuiderduin in about 1 hour!
Discover the Keukenhof
Counting 32 hectares of flowers, 7 million of blooming bulbs and 800 varieties of tulips, the Keukenhof is one of the largest flower gardens in the world and one of the main attraction of The Netherlands. This beautiful park is opened only for two months per year, from mid-March to mid-May: this is the blooming season and April is usually the best time to view the famous tulips. Thus, we decided to provide the IABCR2019 participants with a fully organized visit to the Keukenhof: don’t miss this opportunity!